AEM is also able to offer load testing on AC and DC motors. Load testing is a process of identifying a motor’s efficiency and determining its behavior under the normal peak loads.
Why have your motors load tested?
- To monitor the performance of the motor at full load working condition.
- To identify the maximum operating capacity/efficiency as well as any faults.
- DC motors – helps to check sparking on the commutators.
- Peace of mind for the customer after rewind or repair of a motor.
What AEM can offer
Testing on various size motors ranging from:-
- 6kW – 250kW (DC Motors)
- 22kW – 250kW (AC Motors)
- 900rpm – 5000rpm
- Foot mounted motors
- Foot & flange mounted motors
- Motors above 250kW can only be tested at 50% of load
- During the load test, the Amps (current) of the motors is monitored and checked against their nameplate ratings
- DC motors are checked by the running current in line with the running speed and kW The temperature of the motors is observed against the ambient temperature after the test
- Different couplings are available to suit various shaft sizes
- Load test report is available for customer’s review