Cast Iron Sleeves
These ready made sleeves enable a quick and reliable repair of the bearing housings, saving time and costs associated with making your own.
Call (08) 8162 5957 today for pricing on this product.
Cast Iron Sleeves – Eze-Sleeves®
The cast iron sleeves are made from high quality class 40 grey iron.
Eze-Sleeves® have become a staple in the electric motor repair industry after being introduced in 1986.
Quick and EZE. Cost Saving, Time Saving, Eze-Sleeve®
Abbreviated installation procedure
- Chuck and indicate the housing in the lathe.
- Machine the bearing surface to a diameter.002 smaller than the O.D. of the sleeve.
- Press in the sleeve by using the tailstock, freezing the sleeve, heating the housing, or driving it in with a hammer.
- Machine the extended portion of the sleeve to the bearing diameter.
- Once the proper diameter is obtained in the extended portion of the sleeve: finish machining the sleeve using a fine feed rate.
- If necessary, a light sanding may be used to get an exact dimension.
- Machine off the extended portion of the sleeve.
- If necessary, machine a slight chamfer to allow the bearing to enter the housing.
- The housing is now ready for assembly.
Click here for Cast Iron Sleeves Selector Chart to determine what sleeve size you need.